Wednesday 22 June 2016

0544 Allegheny NF to Indianapolis


20th June 2016
A boring day on the freeway all day – But lots of miles !

There really is no other way to get miles under your belt in this part of the world except on the freeway.   I am not even going to pretend that it was fun, but it did achieve its purpose, which was to get me to Indianapolis.  If you look at a map, there really is no other way to get through this part of the world, mainly because there are so many big cities around here – Cleveland, Akron, Toledo, Columbus, Pittsburgh – You either take the freeways that link the cities or you are doomed to wander on the byways for ever, a bit like that Kingston Trio song
about the man who rode for ever on the subway – “The man who never returned “ !!  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do the freeway – I did, and I have virtually no photos either, so today is a “day off” blog wise !  I did have some kind of truck fire ahead of me on the freeway this afternoon, but was too far back to see much, so even that wasn’t very exciting !  But at least I am now in Indianapolis, and looking forward to not only going to see the Speedway / Brickworks Museum, but also with catching up with good friends from Houston Ron and Caroline Bolen,  who I have just found out will also be in Indianapolis for the next couple of days.  Should be a fun day or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment